- Lead a successful multi-faceted design section
- Manage the delivery of a wide range of designs for the built environment
- Salary circa $160,000 + CLA + Super
Centrally located only 12 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, the City of Ryde is home to major commercial and residential centres, a diverse range of neighbourhood and town centres, extensive national parks and waterways.
About the Role
Council has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager, who values innovation and excellence, to lead our Design Section and Capital Works Program. Currently there is a focus on civil infrastructure, open space and recreation related projects. However there is scope for this to include building related designs in the future.
This role will utilise your extensive design and construction experience, along with your leadership skills, to deliver diverse design projects that benefit the Ryde Community as well as aligning with the North District Plan.
- Degree level qualification in Civil Engineering.
- Accreditation as a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) or equivalent.
- Proven experience in leading and managing a multi-faceted design office and providing construction advice.
- Proven experience in road and drainage design, flood modelling and water sensitive urban design.
- Proven experience in the design of open space and recreation including landscape and playgrounds.
- Proven ability to endorse design drawings and documentation.
- Expert computer skills and proven experience in MS Project, computer-aided design (CAD), Civil 3D, Drains (stormwater modelling program), HEC RAS and Tuflow.
- Ability to lead, motivate and drive outcomes.
- COVID-19 vaccination is desirable
Circa $160,000 + civil liability allowance (CLA) + Super, dependant on the skills, experience and knowledge you can bring to the position. This position also comes with access to a Leaseback vehicle.
Culture & Benefits
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to signup and become a fitness passport member
- Learning & Development opportunities (tickets/licences renewals & updates, training, opportunities to relieve in higher paid positions, etc)
- Collaborative team environment
- Various health & well-being initiatives (monthly fresh fruit delivery, skin checks, flu vaccinations, etc)
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Ryann Midei, Manager Project Development on (02) 9952 8066 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 7 November 2021 at 11:30pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer