Permanent + Temporary 4 Year Fixed Term
Salary Package from $94,390.27 up to $116,265.33 inclusive of 10% superannuation
A 3.5% civil liability allowance and market allowance in lieu of motor vehicle may apply
(Salary will be determined based on skills, qualification and experience)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Stormwater and Floodplain Design Engineers to join our team! Our Floodplain and Stormwater team is recognised as an industry leader for flood risk and stormwater management. The team is specifically responsible for managing and coordinating a diverse range of projects across the local government area. You will work with a friendly and highly professional team to deliver quality outcomes and contribute to the delivery of the community's stormwater and floodplain infrastructure program.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing innovative design solutions for local stormwater and larger floodplain risk mitigation options
- Engaging with our community and other stakeholders to address flood and stormwater related issues
- Managing multiple floodplain and stormwater projects
- Coordinating consultants and contractors to deliver multiple projects within deadline and budget
- Providing best practice and quality designs
We have two positions: One Permanent, the other for a 4 Year Fixed Term with possibility of extension and/or permanency based on performance and operational requirements. We strongly support and encourage career development, personal and professional growth. We appreciate the importance of diversity, embrace change, and recognise and reward performance. Our team is highly supportive, friendly and professional We strongly support and encourage career development, personal and professional growth. We appreciate the importance of diversity, embrace change, and recognise and reward performance. Our team is highly supportive, friendly and professional.
Ideally, we are seeking a person to fill this position on a full-time basis. Requests to work part-time will be considered for the right applicant.
Benefits of working at Council:
- We have a culture based on values of Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, One Team and Courage
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We foster personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible work arrangements
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all
- We provide many mental, physical and social wellbeing programs to support our staff to be the best that they can be
How to Apply
Click 'Apply now' to be re-directed to Council's E-Recruitment site.
For further information regarding this position contact Ray Piatek, Senior Stormwater and Floodplain Design Engineer (Acting) (02) 4227 7056.
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close 11.59pm Monday 25 October 2021
We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with public health orders eg: potentially online interviews.
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part time, temporary and or relief roles.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.