Temporary Fixed Term | Full Time
Salary Package from $87,618.80 up to $106,329.99 per annum inclusive of 10% Superannuation
A 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance may also apply
(salary will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Recruitment No 21127
About the Position:
Wollongong City Council are hosting the 2022 Road World Championships (UCI) event. This exciting opportunity for a Traffic and Transport Planner or Engineer, will play a key role in l assisting with the planning of the event traffic and transport management.. You will have a strong focus on multi-modal transport solutions through infrastructure delivery and behavioural change to contribute to and support the event.
You will join our multidisciplinary Traffic and Transport Unit, responsible for strategic and integrated traffic and transport planning, road user safety, infrastructure planning and delivery, participating on traffic and active transport committees, and providing specialist advice to internal and external customers. We have a strong customer focus and working collaboratively across agencies and in consultation with the Community to deliver our Community Strategic Plan.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
Our ideal candidates for this role will:
- Be a degree-qualified Engineer or Planner with relevant experience in traffic and transport strategic planning and project management.
- Be a strategic thinker with proven capability for delivering outcomes.
- Have extensive knowledge and experience in interpreting and applying legislation, policies, procedures, and standards specific to transport planning.
- Have high-level research, analytical and problem-solving skills that inform decision making.
- A passion for delivering places for people and the supporting infrastructure to connect our community
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Benefits of working at Council:
- We have a culture based on values of Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, One Team and Courage
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We foster personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible work arrangements
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all
- We provide many mental, physical and social wellbeing programs to support our staff to be the best that they can be
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to be re-directed tou Council's E-Recruitment site.
For further information regarding this position contact Nathan McBriarty, Traffic and Transport Unit Leader on (02) 4227 7798.
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close 11.59 pm on Monday 25 October 2021
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part time, temporary and or relief roles.
We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with public health orders eg potentially online interviews.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.