- Salary: $91,393- $104,145 p.a. plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Permanent full-time position
- Unique opportunity to lead the Portal Support Team
Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career. The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
About the role
This is a full-time permanent position 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm and is located at Council’s Nowra Administration Building. Occasional travel to Council’s Ulladulla Administration Building is also required.
The position sits within our City Development Directorate, Business Support Department.
Please note, the advertised salary is based on the grade of the position, comprising of 4 steps within the range shown. The starting salary is at Step 1 within the grade. Progression through the salary steps shall be based upon the achievement of performance objectives relating to the position.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Business Support, the focus of this position is to:
- Coordinate, train and support the Portal Support Officers to undertake vetting of development and associated applications in an efficient and timely manner for Portal lodgment, in accordance with relevant operating procedures, Acts, Regulations and policies of State Government and Council.
- Contribute to the development of business process documentation for functional responsibilities of the Portal Team.
- Establish and implement an audit/quality control framework to embed a continuous improvement culture.
- Facilitate the consistency and quality of service delivered through the Portal Support Team.
- Monitor and report on KPIs for legislative compliance, operational performance and customer experience.
- Provide advice/responses to portal and general planning enquiries received from internal and external customers in accordance with Council policies, procedures and guidelines.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Degree/industry recognized qualification in Town Planning/ Urban & Regional Planning or related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a local government Planning/ Certification/ Development Assessment and control processes environment
- Demonstrated experience working with the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act, Regulations, and other associated legislation
- Current Class C Drivers License
Please refer to the attached Job Description for the full selection criteria.
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Long Service Leave After 5 Years
- 9 Day Fortnight for Outdoor Staff
- Flexitime for Indoor Staff
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development Programs
How to Apply
You will be required to submit an online application by attaching your resume (please ensure you submit in Word or PDF format) and respond to questions regarding general information about yourself.
In addition, you will be required to demonstrate how you satisfy the requirements of the position by answering the below questions relevant to the essential criteria as outlined in the job advertisement.
For more information on the application process, please visit how to apply on Councils website.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this value in a professional setting.
- Please list your qualifications and experience relevant to this position.
- Describe your experience in interpreting and applying Acts and Regulations (including the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act and Regulations), and policies of State Government and Council in a planning/regulatory context.
- Demonstrate how you have contributed to the development of business processes, process improvement and performance monitoring for legislative compliance, operational performance and/or customer experience purposes.
- Briefly describe your experience in supervising and supporting teams.
Contact: Carmen Spreitzer - Manager, Business Support (02) 4429 5454
Applications Close: Sunday 27th June 2021 (at Midnight)
When your application has been submitted completely, you will receive a confirmation email