About the Role
We are seeking applications for a passionate and experienced professional to join Council’s Development Services Team. Reporting directly to the Team Leader Development Assessment, this position is responsible for assessing Development Applications in accordance with the requirements of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, and other relevant Acts and Legislation, while communicating and promoting Council’s policies.
Working at Wollondilly Shire Council means you will be provided with a flexible and inclusive working environment that provides a positive, productive and highly skilled workforce where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow.
You will help to achieve our vision to make Wollondilly an even better place, together. You will also live our corporate values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
Salary and Conditions
- Permanent Full-Time position
- Salary commencing from $82,486 per annum, commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 35 hours per week with participation in Council’s flex-time system
- A leaseback vehicle is available with this position
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
Essential Experience and Minimum Qualifications
- Degree qualifications in Town Planning or related discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in the assessment of development applications.
- Working knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 NSW, Planning Legislation and other Acts and Legislation relevant to the position.
- Class C Drivers Licence.
Personal Attributes, Communication and Team Work
- Demonstrated commitment to Council’s Corporate ICARE Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in a team environment, with experience in mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (in both written & oral forms) to stakeholders and residents on matters which may be complex.
- Demonstrated provision of timely, accurate and professional customer service to internal and external customers.
Level of Planning, Problem Solving and Budget
- Ability to complete ongoing planning which may involve some complexity, and actively contribute to work programs.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, solution focus, process improvement and time management skills.
- To be conscious of budgetary constraints and financial implications.
- Experience in appeal proceedings in the Land and Environment Court of NSW.
- An ability to provide constructive input in Strategic Planning matters.
Further Information: Michael Buckley, Team Leader Development Assessment on 4677 9614.
Closing Date: 5.00pm Friday, 25 June 2021.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website: Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement. Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake a Police Background Check, Credential Check and Bankruptcy Check.
In accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020 all positions are engaged Monday to Sunday except as otherwise provided.
‘Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to Workplace Diversity’