Shoalhaven City Council is seeking to appoint an experienced Project Manager in the Community Planning and Projects department to manage the delivery and construction of major social infrastructure, typically greater than $1M.
Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career. The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
About the role
Shoalhaven City Council is seeking to appoint an experienced Project Manager in the Community Planning and Projects department. This is an new and exciting role that will have oversight of the delivery and construction of social infrastructure projects to enhance our sporting and community facilities across the LGA.
The advertised salary is based on the grade of the position, comprising of 4 steps within the range shown. The starting salary is at Step 1 within the grade. Progression through the salary steps shall be based upon the achievement of performance objectives relating to the position.
Reporting directly to the Manager - Community Planning & Projects, this position is responsible for the leadership, co-ordination, control, construction and completion of social infrastructure projects and staff in the Project Delivery Team – Major, ensuring consistency with Council strategy, commitments and goals including:
- Providing Project Governance and Management support and services for the feasibility analysis, development, and delivery of a wide range of social infrastructure projects.
- Providing advice on protocols for compliance with all relevant legislation and Council policies and procedures and ensuring that risks are managed.
- Co-ordinating new, upgrade or renewal construction works in accordance with delivery programs, from inception to completion. Including the management of associated designs, procurement, scheduling, and budgets, and ensuring Councils contracts and services are provided in accordance with all relevant legislation and standards including WHS and Environment and Quality standards.
- Managing the procurement process; including reviewing, preparing, and approving procurement documents and contracts relating to projects being delivered by the Team or third parties engaged by Council.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to ensure favorable outcomes for the community and Council are achieved. Provide an efficient and effective point of contact for public enquiries in regard to Councils major social infrastructure projects and works.
- Contributing to the promotion of a professional image of Shoalhaven City Council by providing professional/specialist advice to the Community Planning & Projects Manager in order to ensure the delivery of quality, accurate, and timely responses to the community.
- Contribute to day-to-day operations of the Community Planning & Projects Department.
Skills & Experience
This is a Grade Range Position.
Progression from Grade 12 to Grade 13 is subject to competencies being met and increased responsibilities and complexity of tasks being realised. Candidates with extensive knowledge, skills and experience in the area of large-scale infrastructure project management will commence on Grade 13.
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Diploma/Degree qualifications in Building/Construction, Engineering, or other field relevant to the development and delivery of Local Government infrastructure (or equivalent experience working in the delivery of Local Government infrastructure).
- Diploma in Project Management or equivalent experience delivering projects in the building or construction industry
- Demonstrated project management experience
- WH&S General Induction (Construction Industry) card
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Demonstrated success in guiding and coaching others promoting continuous learning and actively seeking solutions for workplace improvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence and direct people to work collaboratively to achieve quality customer and community outcomes.
- Ability to support individuals and teams to resolve technical issues.
- Capacity to coordinate team activities and effectively allocate and use resources to achieve planned results for customers and the community.
- Proven experience using and working with a project governance framework and methodology
Refer to job description for a comprehensive list of the qualifications, skills and experience required.
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Long Service Leave After 5 Years
- 9 Day Fortnight for Outdoor Staff
- Flexitime for Indoor Staff
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development Programs
How to Apply
You will be required to submit an online application by attaching your resume (please ensure you submit in Word or PDF format) and respond to questions regarding general information about you.
In addition, you will be required to demonstrate how you satisfy the requirements of the position by answering the below questions relevant to the essential criteria as outlined in the job advertisement.
For more information on the application process, please visit how to apply on Councils website.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this value in a professional setting.
- Please list the relevant qualifications and experience you hold.
- What is the maximum project value that you have had sole responsibility for delivering?
- What do you believe are your key strengths in enabling you to successful deliver projects? Can you give an example of when you have had to use this strength?
Contact: Jane Lewis – Director - City Lifestyles – (02) 4429 3333
Applications Close: Tuesday, 29 June 2021 (at Midnight)
When your application has been submitted completely, you will receive a confirmation email