We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
For more information about DRC, please refer to our DRC Information Package.ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.THE OPPORTUNITY
In this role you will have the opportunity to provide efficient and accurate administrative support to the Division as a whole so as to enhance the proper management of it's business affairs.IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Accurately and efficiently provide the Director, Divisional Managers and Team Leaders with administrative services on a priority needs basis;
- Accurately capture and maintain data and prepare application determinations in accordance with adopted procedures and service levels relating to all categories of applications recieved and processed by the Development and Environment division;
- Provide administrative support for major projects across the Division;
- Deal with a broad range of client enquiries and issues requiring clear decision making; and
- Provide professional customer service and public relations to clients of Dubbo Regional Council.
- Certificate III or higher in Business Administration or related discipline;
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to maintain a large workload with strict deadlines;
- Demonstrated skills and the ability to relate effectively to a variety of clients offering a high level of customer service to internal and external customers;
- Advanced proficiency in business related software (Microsoft Office Applications);
- Demonstrated analytical skills; and
- Ability to work in a team environment.
You are an administration professional, seeking a challenging role in a large Local Government organisation. Additionally, you have excellent attention to detail and the ability to meet multiple deadlines. You will have highly developed communication skills and a commitment to the provision of high standards of customer service to internal and external customers.WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
Salary: $58,485 - $67,970 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 28 June 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Executive Officer Development and Environment - 6801 4616HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)