About the Opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR professional to join the People & Culture team in Molong. The primary purpose of the position is to provide effective and efficient customer focused operational HR services. The position will be responsible for providing specialised general advice and support on a broad range of human resource matters including nut not limited to staff recruitment, entitlements and Award interpretation, return to work coordination, onboarding, and training and development.
• Effectively coordinate Council’s corporate training program in accordance with staff training plans (including the sourcing, scheduling, administering, accommodation arrangements, maintenance of records and catering).
• Effectively coordinate Council’s Safe & Respectful Behaviours policy
• Effectively coordinate and administer Council’s recruitment, onboarding and offboarding processes.
• Effectively coordinating Council’s Worker’s Compensation process including management of claims and return to work coordinator functions.
• Effectively liaising with Council’s insurer, legal advisers and medical professionals and other parties as necessary with regard to management of Worker’s Compensation.
• Effectively coordinate, maintain and regularly review the staff induction and probation processes.
• Coordinate, monitor and review Council’s annual Development Appraisals process, providing effective assistance to the supervisors, managers and directors as necessary.
• Undertake the overall administration of Council’s online learning programs.
• Accurately prepare human resources related documents, correspondence, forms and reports as required
So what do you need to be successful?
• Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources Management.
• RTW Coordinator accreditation (desirable)
• Class C driver’s licence.• Previous experience with e-recruitment software and HR Management systems
• Ability to understand legislation and interpret Awards
• Ability to resolve minor grievances
• Highly developed written communication skills with demonstrated ability to prepare, draft and review multifaceted letters including, preparation of employment correspondence/contracts, changes to employment arrangements and other documentation.
• Strong interpersonal skills in influencing people, building effective relationships and achieving positive outcomes including the ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries.
• Experience using MS Office, particularly Word, Excel & Access
• Excellent time management skills, including the ability to discern priorities, plan ahead and coordinate with other staff to complete tasks.
• Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
Other details relating to this position are:
Salary is $1393.60 to $1624.40 per week (Grade 9 to 10)
Employment is under the Local Government (State) Award 2020
Applications close 8pm Sunday 20 June 2021
This position operates under a 9 day fortnight arrangement
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job
Cabonne Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please take a few moments to read the requirements carefully and assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be asked to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cant submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not required, Council will only accept applications submitted online. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Council's Leader People & Culture, Glenn Meehan, on (02) 63923218. Cabonne Council operates a merit based recruitment process