Council is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced professionals for the role of Strategic Recreation Planner.
Strategic Recreation Planner
- Salary $94,487.12 – $109,605.08 p/a + super
- Permanent fulltime - 35 hours per week
- Flexible working hours
- Leaseback vehicle offered
Located 16 kms north of the Sydney CBD, the Ku-ring-gai area covers 84km2, is home to 127,000 residents and is set in one of New South Wales’ most attractive natural environments.
Ku-ring-gai Council is seeking an experienced Strategic Recreation Planner to work as part of a team preparing open space plans, policies and strategies that will ensure public open spaces support a diversity of outdoor recreation activities.
Reporting to the Team Leader Urban Design, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare strategies and planning policies for the improvement of recreation and sport in consultation with key stakeholders and the community
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of plans and strategies as required by the Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS)
- Provide advice regarding current and emerging open space and land use planning issues in sport, recreation and physical activity areas
- Oversee the preparation, review and reporting of Plans of Management for the effective management and maintenance of Council parks, sportsgrounds, halls and golf courses
- Project management working across all departments of Council including procurement and management of consultants within agreed budget and timeframes
Required experience & skills:
- Tertiary Qualifications in in a relevant discipline such as urban planning, landscape architecture or recreation planning;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in related field
- A current Class C driver’s licence
How to apply:
All applicants are required to apply via the Council’s website https://www.krg.nsw.gov.au/Council/Careers
Like to know more? Please contact Hiring Managers - Bill Royal - 9424 0946 or Antony Fabbro -9424 0854
Closes: 11:45pm, Monday 28 June 2021
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer