About the role
We are seeking applications for a passionate and experienced professional to join Council’s Financial Services Team. Reporting to the Team Leader Accounting Services, this position is responsible for providing financial accounting services as required by Council and external organisations and ensure the integrity of data within Council’s financial information system.
Working at Wollondilly Shire Council means you will be provided with a flexible and inclusive working environment that provides a positive, productive and highly skilled workforce where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow.
You will help to achieve our vision to make Wollondilly an even better place, together. You will also live our corporate values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
Salary and Conditions
- Permanent Full-Time position
- Salary commencing from $72,785 per annum, commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 35 hours per week with participation in Council’s flex-time system
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
Essential Experience and Minimum Qualifications
- Studying towards, or completion of, suitable accounting qualifications.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to use, Corporate Information Systems and other computer applications to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated understanding of the relationships between various accounting sub-modules.
Personal Attributes, Communication and Team Work
- Demonstrated commitment to Council’s Corporate ICARE Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) with all levels of the organisation on all matters relevant to the position.
- Keep others adequately informed and include appropriate people in decision making.
- Demonstrated provision of timely, accurate and professional customer service to internal and external customers.
Level of Planning, Problem Solving and Budget
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and innovation when investigating, analysing and solving problems or taking advantage of opportunities.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to apply accounting principles.
- Experience working in an accounting environment.
Further Information: Antoinette Naudi, Accounting Services Team Leader on 4677 9796.
Closing Date: 5.00pm Friday, 18 June 2021.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website: Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement. Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant will also be required to undertake a Police Background Check, Credential Check and Bankruptcy Check.
In accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020 all positions are engaged Monday to Sunday except as otherwise provided.
‘Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to Workplace Diversity’