The purpose of the Front End loader Operator / Pug Mill Operator is to operate heavy plant and equipment which contributes to achieving the production targets of the Sustainable Resource Centre (SRC). The primary responsibilities of the Production Operator is to assist with the production of the recycled materials via the screening process; operate a front end loader to load recycled materials for Fairfield City Council customers (both residential and commercial) and adding material to the Batching Plant for product stabilisation and operation of the water cart to ensure site conditions are maintained in accordance with EPA licence requirements.
The Production Operator is expected to be proficient in the use of a variety of heavy plant and equipment, such as front end loaders, mobile screening plant, and water cart operation and will operate such equipment with a suitable knowledge of recycled materials, truck loading techniques and relevant licencing requirements. The position contributes to the overall operation of the unit by ensuring the production operation is carried out smoothly and efficiently.
The successful candidate will have:
- Civil Construction Traineeship Cert III (Plant and Equipment) or equivalent industry experience
- Construction Induction Certificate (White Card)
- Class HR Drivers Licence
- Sound knowledge of recycling of road materials
- Sound knowledge of the Civil Construction industry
- Sound knowledge in operating technical earthmoving equipment and recycling techniques
- Experience in Front End Loader Operation, Water Cart operation, and mobile screening plant operation
- Experience and capability to drive trucks to Council set standards
- Knowledge of loading operating techniques
- Knowledge of weight distribution on trucks
- Ability to perform basic maintenance on the plant and equipment
- Safety and hazard awareness in a broad area of work related activities
- Experience working with plant and equipment
- Experience in general labouring
- Load vehicles correctly so mass limits & dimensions are not exceeded; and the load is placed secured in such a manner that it does not become unstable, unsafe, move or fall off the vehicle.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position 76 hours per fortnight 9 day fortnight
- This position is a Level C role with salary range is $56,167 p.a with progression to $60,485 p.a on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $65,793 p.a
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to the Operations Manager City Services, Glenn Meehan on 9725 0795. A position description is available by contacting Rachel Rule on 02 9725 0765
CLOSING DATE: 4.30pm on Friday, 25 June 2021
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online, visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense.
Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. As an inclusive workplace, we support reasonable workplace adjustment. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860