Permanent Full Time Opportunity
35 hrs per week with 19-day 4-week cycle
Vehicle Lease Agreement options
$127,903 p.a. to $146,482 p.a. plus Super
About the role
We have an exciting career opportunity within our Assets Branch and we are currently seeking a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to lead a high performing team who are dedicated to the deliver Best Practice Asset Management, Strategy Development and Infrastructure Planning for key community assets within the Wingecarribee Shire region including:
- Road Infrastructure (Water and Sewerage; and Drainage and Floodplain Engineering);
- Parks & Recreation Assets;
- Building Assets; and
- Traffic Engineering, Transport Planning and Road Safety.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build your management career in Local Government and join a team who supports our mission to create and nurture a vibrant and diverse community, growing and working in harmony with our urban, agriculture and natural environments.
Salary for this position is $127,903 p.a. to $146,482 p.a. super and leaseback vehicle.
You will be tertiary qualified in Civil Engineering, Business or equivalent and possess experience applying your asset and people management skills to support:
- Strategic planning of infrastructure assets;
- Ability to champion Council's asset management strategy, policy and deliver Council's asset management plans;
- Developing long-term strategies that ensure the efficient and effective management of infrastructure services to the community;
- Best practice asset management and capital works planning are adopted and consistently applied;
- High level Financial planning, analysis and reporting skills;
- Guidance to the management team in relation to projects, priorities, new opportunities and strategic direction;
- Sharing of knowledge and participating in Regional, State and National forums, working groups to advocate positive infrastructure outcomes for the community; and
- Grant applications for the provision of infrastructure projects for the community.
1. Degree qualification in Civil Engineering, Business or equivalent.
2. Extensive and diverse experience in the delivery of Best Practice Asset Management in a senior managerial position in Local Government.
3. Proven extensive, innovative and facilitative style of management which develops and stimulates a high performing Team.
4. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in development and implementation of strategies, guidelines, policies and procedures in accordance with the relevant legislation and professional standards.
5. Extensive experience in capital works program development, project planning and project delivery (design and construction).
6. Demonstrated detailed knowledge of WHS requirements and application in all Civil Engineering situations.
7. Sound financial management experience including budget preparation, management of income and expenditure against budget and financial reporting.
8. Demonstrated high level skills in strategic investigation/analysis, reporting and excellent oral and written presentation skills.
9. The proven ability to develop and foster practical and beneficial relationships to provide excellence in both internal and external customer service and lead, improve and motivate organisational culture.
10. Well-developed experience in the use and management of asset management systems.
How to Apply
Click on 'Apply' button to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the Selection Criteria as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applications not addressing the selection criteria may not be considered.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Richard Mooney, Acting Deputy General Manager on (02) 4868 0888.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered for the position.\
Previous applicants need not apply.
Applications to be received by Tuesday, 15 June 2021.
Click here to download the Position Description.