EXECUTIVE PLANNER - BUSINESS AND INVESTMENT
About the Role
We are seeking applications for a passionate and experienced professional to join Council's Development Services Team. Reporting directly to the Director Planning, this position is responsible for enhancing greater business investment opportunities for the Shire and directly supporting local business growth and job creation.
Working at Wollondilly Shire Council means you will be provided with a flexible and inclusive working environment that provides a positive, productive and highly skilled workforce where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow.
You will help to achieve our vision to make Wollondilly an even better place, together. You will also live our corporate values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
Salary and Conditions
- Permanent Full-Time position
- Salary commencing from $108,849 per annum, commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 35 hours per week with participation in Council's flex-time system
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
Essential Experience and Minimum Qualifications
- Degree qualifications in Town Planning or related discipline.
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
- A sound working knowledge of the Environment Planning and Assessment Act 1979, Local Government Act and associated legislation.
- Drivers Licence.
Personal Attributes, Communication and Team Work
- Demonstrated commitment to Council's Corporate ICARE Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation
- Outcomes driven and strong ability to work with minimal supervision, in a team environment and to be motivating to self and others.
- High level communication skills with demonstrated experience working with teams to achieve customer outcomes.
- A high level of consistent customer focus, including the ability to think strategically and with innovation.
Level of Planning, Problem Solving and Budget
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks effectively with a high degree of flexibility and confidentiality within a changing workplace environment.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, solution focus and process improvement.
- Understanding of budget management processes and constraints.
- Formal qualifications in Business Management, Economics or related fields and/or extensive work related experience.
- Previous experience in Local Government.
- Eligibility for acceptance to the Planning Institute of Australia.
- Experience in case managing business investment opportunities.
Further Information: Toni Averay, Director Planning on 4677 9777.
Closing Date: 5.00pm Friday, 18 June 2021.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council's website: Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement. Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake a Police Background Check, Credential Check and Bankruptcy Check.
In accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020 all positions are engaged Monday to Sunday except as otherwise provided.
'Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to Workplace Diversity'