- Lead and inspire a large, diverse team
- Cultivate a culture of continuous business improvement
- Strong community and customer focus
Canterbury Bankstown City Council is one of NSW’s leading local government entities. Its focus is on people transformation, innovation and driving performance improvement. The organisation is now seeking to appoint a Manager Open Space and Building Maintenance who will bring new thinking and business strategies to a critical part of Council’s operations.
With a strong community focus and deep experience in leading a technically diverse team, the Manager Open Space and Building Maintenance will work collaboratively across the organisation to manage the programmed and reactive maintenance for Council’s 400 buildings and all its sporting and recreational facilities. This role will require:
- exceptional influencing skills and the ability to bring staff on a process improvement journey;
- the ability to work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders, responding to needs in a timely manner;
- strong business acumen and deep skills in process improvement, digitisation and the introduction of mobile devices; and,
- sound commercial experience, demonstrated by managing complex budgets and delivering value for money.
With relevant tertiary qualifications, you will bring high level communication skills, strong leadership skills developed in the context of the delivery of maintenance services, and demonstrated experience in change management. Experience in working with community organisations would be an advantage.
For further information, or to obtain an Information Pack, please contact Judith Carpenter on 02 9558 5102, or send a confidential resume to:
Closing date: Monday, 14th June, 2021