Diploma Educator required for our Long Day Care Centre in East Lindfield
- $60,531.64 - $70,216.93 p/a + super
- 35 hours per week - 12 month - Mat leave cover
- Working with Children Check Clearance
- Previous experience working with children 0-5yrs in LDC
Thomas Carlyle Children's Centre provides quality full day care for young children in a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment where choice, fun, growth and active participation is encouraged.
An opportunity exists for an experienced and passionate Diploma Educator to join our teaching team, based in East Lindfield.
Reporting to the Director Thomas Carlyle Children’s Centre, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the daily program
- Interacting with the children in a positive and responsive way
- Utilise your understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards
- Providing a safe, secure, caring and developmentally appropriate environment for young children
Working within a team; you will have a flexible approach, ability to multi task and show initiative and be able to problem solve any conflicts in a reflective and positive manner.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills and will use clear communication when dealing with parents, within teaching teams, during meetings and in face-to-face situations. It is essential that you build positive relationships and liaise in a professional manner with children, parents, colleagues and outside agencies.
Required experience & Skills:
- Diploma of Children’s Services (or equivalent)
- Current Working with Children clearance number is essential
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Child Protection Training Certificate
- Current Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate
A sound working knowledge of the NQF, the National Curriculum (EYLF), safe food preparation and handling and the ECA Code of Ethics is also required.
How to apply:
All applicants are required to apply via the Council’s website https://www.krg.nsw.gov.au/Council/Careers
Applicants are requested to address all Essential Criteria as listed within the Position Description to be eligible for an interview.
Like to know more? Please contact Hiring Manager Louise Shiel on 9424 0327
Closes: 11:45pm, Wednesday 19 May 2021
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer