Full-time 35 hours per week
Salary from $82,242 p.a. plus superannuation
Our Vision: Through partnerships, all children and families have access to educational opportunities that strengthen knowledge, ability and resilience for future success
Our Mission: We are committed and passionate leaders engaged in best practice to foster, support and inspire life-long learning.
As the largest not-for-profit provider in the Fairfield City Local Government Area, Fairfield City Council’s Children and Family Services Division provides a variety of high quality programs to the community, including long day care, preschool, family day care, supported playgroups and early intervention services.
We are seeking to appoint a Centre Director, who is excited by educational leadership and passionate about evidenced based practice. As the Nominated Supervisor of the service, the Centre Director will be responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the service, whilst leading and mentoring a dynamic and diverse team of skilled educators. As the Educational Leader of the service, a great deal of importance is placed on guiding the team in their planning and reflection, and support their team in their pedagogy and practice.
The Children and Family Services Division is strongly committed to providing opportunities for professional development including a leadership program for directors, study support including study leave and reimbursement. Strong networking opportunities and support are provided to staff working within our services, as are secondment opportunities for skill development and career progression across service types, and different roles.
- Recognised university qualification in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA.
- Active Proficient accreditation with NESA as an Early Childhood Teacher
- Must be able to meet the minimum prescribed requirements of a Nominated Supervisor as per the Education and Care Services National Regulations
- Must hold a current Working with Children Check number (under the new WWCC system)
- Considerable experience within an early childhood setting, particularly as an early childhood teacher and a minimum 2 years working as a Centre Director.
- Proven leadership, management and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated financial management skills, and demonstrated judgement and problem solving skills
- Sound understanding of early childhood theory and curriculum planning for children aged 0-5 years, and demonstrated ability to engage in reflective practice
- Comprehensive understanding and practical implementation of the National Quality Framework (NQF), the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), Child Protection legislation and their implications on practice
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive practice
Applications close at 11:59pm on Sunday 16 May 2021
Please contact us at email@example.com or on 9725 0393 if you have any questions regarding the position.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
Applications must address the Essential Criteria as outlined in the position description. Your resume should also be able to reflect the skills required. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s website.
Applicants must provide two current work references (Reference name, title and business phone number is required. Mobile numbers are not recommended). If you are successful to the final interview all qualifications and memberships must be supplied, by providing certified copies, and will be confirmed by Council.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 - FAIRFIELD NSW 1860