The Youth Development Officer assists in the development and provision of high quality youth services in response to identified community needs.
Youth Development Officer
- Salary $70,218.20 - $81,452.21 p/a + super
- Permanent full time position – 35 hours per week
- Working with Children clearance required
- Degree in Social Science/ Youth Work
Located 16 kms north of the Sydney CBD, the Ku-ring-gai area covers 84km2, is home to 127,000 residents and is set in one of New South Wales’ most attractive natural environments.
Ku-ring-gai Council is seeking an enthusiastic and compassionate individual to join our Community Development Team in the position of Youth Development Officer.
Reporting to the Youth Services Coordinator, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Researching, planning and developing programs to address key issues impacting on young people
- Working with young people across the Council’s Youth service and programs
- Developing strategic partnerships with local youth services, schools, service clubs, government departments, and local businesses for delivery programs and events
- Assist in the organisation and implementation of Council’s Youth Week Program
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of Council’s youth services to young people, schools and community groups.
Required experience & skills:
- Degree in Social Science/ Youth Work or a similar field
- Working with Children Check Clearance Number
- Current Class C Driver’s licence
- First Aid Certificate or wiliness to obtain.
* Previous applicants need not apply
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to address all Essential Criteria as listed within the Position Description to be eligible for an interview.
Like to know more? Please contact Hiring Manager Cherise Ricciardo - 9424 0837
Closes: 11:45pm, Thursday 20 May 2021
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer