Opportunity to join the team of Ku-ring-gai Library Service as the Home Library Services Officer.
Home Library Service Officer
- Salary $60,531.64 - $70,216.93 p/a + super (Pro rata)
- Tertiary qualifications & experience essential
- Permanent part time - 24 hours per week with flexible working options
Located 16 kms north of the Sydney CBD, the Ku-ring-gai area covers 84km2, is home to 127,000 residents and is set in one of New South Wales’ most attractive natural environments.
Ku-ring-gai Council has a bold vision for optimising future library services for its community, including the introduction of a new structure and delivery model to provide an innovative approach to providing customer focused services. This also sets the foundations for the future development of a new Lindfield Village Hub, providing a state-of-the-art mixed-use precinct, incorporating a new library/community centre.
The Council is seeking a Home Library Service Officer to provide library services to frail aged and people with disabilities of the Ku-ring-gai community.
Reporting to the Library Futures and Technology Coordinator, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Effective and efficient management of Home Library Service, and accurate and timely maintenance of appropriate records, planning, resource allocation and management of operational (including issue and return of materials)
- Manage a small team to effectively assign work responsibilities, resolve issues, train and motivate staff.
- Operate delivery and collection of library materials to service users using Council van (Class C licence)
This role will ideally suit a strong team player who has understanding and compassion for this sector of our community.
Required experience & skills:
- Qualification in Library and Information Science recognized for library technician membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Current NSW class C driver’s licence
- Experience in providing effective and relevant library services, preferably in a home library service setting (desirable)
- Experience with managing workflows and assigning tasks for designated staff
- Empathy with and understanding of Home Library Service users’ library needs
How to apply:
All applicants are required to apply via the Council’s website https://www.krg.nsw.gov.au/Council/Careers
Applicants are requested to address all Essential Criteria as listed within the Position Description to be eligible for an interview.
Like to know more? Please Contact Hiring Manager Gayatri Krishnamurthy on 9424 0873
Closes: 11:45pm, Monday 17 May 2021
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer