Childhood Educator - Certificate III x 2
- Flexible Working Environment (including monthly RDO)
- Opportunity to work across 0 - 5 age groups
- 2 Vacancies: 12 months Maternity Relief and 3 years Contract)
- Location: Hillsdale
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
Purpose of the role
The City Life directorate delivers personalised and public services to enhance community life, including family, aged, leisure and cultural services.
To provide innovative and quality early education and care programs in line with the National Quality Framework that reflect the children and families in the service.
This role is responsible for ensuring a responsive service that is committed to inclusive practices that support families, cultural, socio-economic and individual situations.
Within the area of responsibility, these roles are required to:
- Promote and support inclusive practice to ensure that the service is able to support families from a range of cultures, backgrounds, experiences and situations.
- Provide physical care of children and respond to their emotional needs to maintain trust, develop nurturing relationships, guide positive relationships and ensure the dignity and rights of each child are maintained.
- Develop, plan and implement a quality educational program reflective of the National Learning Framework in consultation with children, families and the Educational Leader / Director.
- Maintain confidential and accurate updated records of children and families to meet legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Undertaking mandatory reporting to adhere to Child Protection guidelines and responsibilities.
- Approved Certificate III level education and care qualification and relevant experience working with children 0 – 5 years.
- Current First Aid Certificate relevant to the role.
- Working with Children Check (NSW).
- Approved Child Protection training.
- Working knowledge of Education and Care Services National Law and Regulation, Child Protection legislation and regulation and National Quality Framework.
What can we offer you?
As an employer, Bayside Council offers a flexible and family-friendly working environment supported by a generous and tangible reward and recognition program with ongoing training and development opportunities.
Prior to commencing your application a job description can be obtained from Council website at www.bayside.nsw.gov.au.
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 5 pages) and a covering letter (max 3 pages), outlining how your skills and experience are relevant to the position and meet the focus competencies, key accountabilities and key challenges of the role.
When addressing the focus competencies, key accountabilities and key challenges for the role, it is essential you give an illustration of how you meet these – it is not sufficient to merely indicate what you have done – we are more interested in “how” you have demonstrated these requirements, what results were achieved, using an evidence-based approach.
Applications must be submitted by mail, email at email@example.com .
Closing Date: Friday 21st May 2021
Salary Range: $49,346.67 to $55,268.26 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
Enquiries: Laura Browning, Coordinator Children & Young People - 0428121337
Bayside Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment.