2021.036 - closes 5pm Monday, 17 May 2021
Salary - Grade 8. Salary range of $92,639 pa to $108,515 pa. Progression through the salary system is based on performance.
Permanent full-time - 35 hours per week with flexible working hours available.
Fairfield City Council is seeking a Communications and Marketing Coordinator to join its busy, friendly and dynamic team.
The Coordinator plays a key role in the Communications and Marketing Team and will be involved in all forms of communications and media, marketing, publications, social media, event promotions, website content, speech writing, issues management and related activities. The role would suit someone who enjoys a challenge and can work constructively with a range of stakeholders.
The position will lead, drive and monitor communications activities in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. It involves a mix of strategic thinking, staff coordination and hands-on activities.
Applicants must address the following criteria:
- Knowledge of the political process and the three levels of government (roles, responsibilities and relationships).
- Demonstrated interest in current affairs and politics.
- Detailed knowledge of the Australian media and established media contacts and relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing complex communications strategies.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent speech writing skills
- Excellent team leadership skills
- Ability to work productively with a range of stakeholders including media outlets, senior management, the City Mayor, operational staff and others.
- Ability to work in an environment with constantly changing priorities and multiple client demands.
- Excellent consultation, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Skills and experience in at least five of the following areas:
- production of high quality publications
- social media management
- digital marketing
- video production
- event management and production
- advertising and marketing
- website management
- issues management including discretion, sensitivity and political nous
- Proven success in the development, delivery and management of effective communications strategies
- Proven experience in leading or coordinating a team
- Extensive experience (5 years) in communications and issues management
- Communications degree or similar (eg. Arts Degree, Public Relations diploma), or equivalent industry experience.
- Current NSW driver's license
Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Lisa Mifsud, Manager Communications and Marketing on 9725 0884.
HOW TO APPLY: To view the full position description and to apply online, please visit Council’s website at www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/jobs Applications should address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience identified in the full job description.