Ku-ring-gai Library Service is seeking a Collection Services Assistant to support the Collections team in delivering resources to our customers.
Collection Services Assistant
- Salary $52,195.00 - $60,530.22 p/a + super (pro-rata)
- Permanent Job Share - 14 hours per week
- Over 7 days, including evenings and weekend shifts as rostered
Located 16 kms north of the Sydney CBD, the Ku-ring-gai area covers 84km2, is home to 127,000 residents and is set in one of New South Wales’ most attractive natural environments.
Ku-ring-gai Council has a bold vision for optimising future library services for its community, including the introduction of a new structure and delivery model to provide an innovative approach to providing customer focused services. This also sets the foundations for the future development of a new Lindfield Village Hub, providing a state-of-the-art mixed-use precinct, incorporating a new library/community centre.
The Council is seeking a Collection Services Assistant to prepare and maintain the Library’s collections for use across our branches and carry out administration tasks for the area.
Reporting to the Collection Services Librarian, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing library materials for circulation and other usage, including local history materials
- Assist in the maintenance of service areas and library collections as directed
- Administrative duties including preparation of notices, telephone support and others as required
- Provide high quality customer-focussed readers’ services including circulation duties, information enquiries and participation in the delivery of events and activities, displays and promotions for all ages and sectors of the community and Council
This role will ideally suit a customer focused, team player with attention to detail and experience in a similar role.
Required experience & skills:
- Demonstrated experience in end processing of Library collections
- Knowledge and understanding of basic preservation techniques required in local history collections
- Good organisational skills and a flexible approach to work
- Effectively provide service to customers with a variety of needs and abilities
How to apply:
All applicants are required to apply via the Council’s website https://www.krg.nsw.gov.au/Council/Careers
Applicants are requested to address all Essential Criteria as listed within the Position Description to be eligible for an interview.
Like to know more? Please Contact Hiring Manager Jessica Graham on 9424 0111
Closes: 11:45pm, Sunday 16th May 2021
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer