Exciting opportunity library technicians with a passion for providing high quality customer service.
Library Technician (part time)
- Salary $60,531.64 - $70,216.93 p/a + super (pro-rata)
- Permanent part time – 17.5 hours per week
- Tertiary qualifications required
- Over 7 days, including evenings and weekend shifts
Located 16 kms north of the Sydney CBD, the Ku-ring-gai area covers 84km2, is home to 127,000 residents and is set in one of New South Wales’ most attractive natural environments.
Ku-ring-gai Council has a bold vision for optimising future library services for its community, including the introduction of a new structure and delivery model to provide an innovative approach to providing customer focused services. This also sets the foundations for the future development of a new Lindfield Village Hub, providing a state-of-the-art mixed-use precinct, incorporating a new library/community centre.
The Council is seeking a library technician with exceptional customer service skills to join the Library team at a pivotal time of growth and development, to meet the present and developing needs and interests of the Ku-ring-gai community.
Reporting to the Library Team Leader, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing professional and responsive readers’ services including information and circulation services and participate in the delivery of events, programs and activities, outreach and specialist services, as part of the Library Experience Team
- Working in a team environment, supervising a small team and allocating workflows to optimise daily customer outcomes
This role will ideally suit a qualified library technician with excellent interpersonal skills.
Required experience & skills:
- Qualification in Library and Information Science recognized for library technician membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Clear Working with Children Check for paid workers
- Experience in delivery of readers advisory, reference and user education services in a library environment
- Demonstrated experience in assisting with program delivery and services for the community in all ages and skill groups
How to apply:
All applicants are required to apply via the Council’s website https://www.krg.nsw.gov.au/Council/Careers
Applicants are requested to address all Essential Criteria as listed within the Position Description to be eligible for an interview.
Like to know more? Please Contact Hiring Manager Douglas Pine on 9424 0479
Closes: 11:45pm, Sunday 16 May 2021
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer