Exciting opportunity for a progressive technology expert to lead the technology area of a public library.
Library Technology Leader
- Salary $81,453.32 – 94,486.23 p/a + super
- Tertiary qualifications & experience essential
- Permanent fulltime - 35 hours per week with flexible working options
Located 16 kms north of the Sydney CBD, the Ku-ring-gai area covers 84km2, is home to 127,000 residents and is set in one of New South Wales’ most attractive natural environments.
Ku-ring-gai Council has a bold vision for optimising future library services for its community, including the introduction of a new structure and delivery model to provide an innovative approach to providing customer focused services. This also sets the foundations for the future development of a new Lindfield Village Hub, providing a state-of-the-art mixed-use precinct, incorporating a new library/community centre.
The Council is seeking an innovative Library Technology Leader to provide expertise in developing and delivering professional and innovative technical services that meet the present and developing needs and interests of the Ku-ring-gai community.
Reporting to the Library Futures and Technology Coordinator, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing, maintaining and reporting to the Library Management on the performance of the library management system, e services and other technology systems and programs required for library operations. Including integration of multiple data sources into specialist information management systems
- Evaluation and implementation of new technology and eservices, that will enhance community access to library services, increase digital literacy skills and provide new opportunities for leisure and learning
- Develop and maintain effective liaison with Council IT unit in order to achieve optimum use of the LMS and other library-oriented technologies
This role will ideally suit an innovative technology expert with a track record of leading and delivering projects to the benefit of the organisation and community.
Required experience & skills:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology and/or tertiary qualifications in library/information science eligible for Associate membership of the Australian Library & Information Association (ALIA)
- Demonstrated interest, experience and expertise in the application of technology for the delivery of high-level library services, digital technology, personal technology devices and corporate systems
- Demonstrated high level project management experience, including success delivery of major technology change projects
- Proven ability to evaluate and implement new technology and services, including change management and procedure development
How to apply:
All applicants are required to apply via the Council’s website https://www.krg.nsw.gov.au/Council/Careers
Applicants are requested to address all Essential Criteria as listed within the Position Description to be eligible for an interview.
Like to know more? Please Contact Hiring Manager Michelle Swan-Beardmore on 9424 0911
Closes: 11:45pm, Sunday 16 May 2021
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer