The Strategic Planner position's primary role is to develop and implement strategic land use strategies based on Council and State policies, expressed community values and predicted future needs and assessment of relevant environmental, social and economic factors and impacts. The role is responsible for preparing, reviewing and amending planning instruments, codes and other policies in accordance with the requirements of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and the Local Government Act.
What's on offer:
- 2 maximum-term positions:
o 1 x 12 months
o 1 x 18 months
- An attractive base salary ranging from $84,718 per annum with competency based increments up to $97,501 per annum, plus 9.5% super
- 70 hour, 9 day fortnight
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance.
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Tertiary qualification in Urban and Regional Planning or related discipline
- Eligibility for Corporate Membership of PIA
- Competent strategic and integrated land use planning
- Demonstrated competence in policy and instrument development and implementation within a local authority environment.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 7 May 2021 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.