We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
For more information about DRC, please refer to our DRC Information Package.ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and livability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.THE OPPORTUNITY
The Planner is responsible for providing effective and efficient liaison with developers, members of the public, Council's Development Unit and Council Officers, and to assist the Manager Building and Development Services via the Statutory Planning Services Team Leader in the overall administration of Statutory Planning matters.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Assist in the interpretation of LEP's and DCP's;
- Participate in pre-lodgement meetings;
- Timely determination of Development Applications and Subdivision Certificates;
- Assessing and signing off Section 10.7 certificates;
- Ensure proactive engagement with developers, builders, consultants, the real estate industry and the wider community with the objective of facilitating the continuing sustainable development of the Local Government area;
- Accurately and efficiently maintain Council's landuse application management system in the tracking and determination of applications being processed by the incumbent; and
- Provide general planning advice to members of the community as the duty planner on a roster basis.
- Degree qualifications in Town Planning and be suitable for corporate membership of the Planning Institute of Australia;
- Demonstrated industry experience;
- Commitment to exceptional customer service;
- Well developed computer skills; and
- well developed written and oral communication skills.
Council is looking for an experienced Planner to join our Building and Development Branch. You will have strong knowledge across all areas of town planning and have excellent communication and time management skills. Additionally, you will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who is looking to work in a diverse and professional environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances, a Leaseback vehicle and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $76,073 to $88,409 per annum plus superannuation
A leaseback vehicle is available.
Closing Date: 9:00am on Monday 10 May 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Statutory Planning Services Team Leader - 6801 4665HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume and copies of applicable qualifications.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.(Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)