We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
For more information about DRC, please refer to our DRC Information Package.ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Manager Major Projects (BILT) in the effective delivery of identified Major Capital Projects.IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Manage multifaceted projects including the development stage and associated approvals
- Develop strong working relationships with clients
- Manage budgets and provide budget support for projects ensuring accurate reporting and administration
- Undertake contract documentation preparation and tendering
- Evaluate and recommend solutions to issues impacting project delivery
- Diploma in Project Management, Civil Construction Management, Building Surveying or related discipline
- Extensive experience in the quality control/delivery of building projects and / or civil infrastructure projects
- Highly developed communication, leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to effectively manage a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in organising and managing conflicting work priorities.
- Well developed report writing and communication skills.
You will be experienced in the management of construction projects to ensure they are completed to specification, to program and to budget. You will have a demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage contracts as well as build strong working relationships with contractors and key stakeholders.
You will pride yourself on your high level of attention to detail and your well developed report writing skills. Additionally, you will have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
You will be a team player who continually shows positive leadership and looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave (pro-rated), access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Salary: $90,378 to $105,034 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am, Monday 10 May 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Manager Major Projects - 6801 4555
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)