- Assist in the fortnightly cycle of payroll processing and reconciliation
- Enjoy a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Salary from $68,432 - $81,785 + superannuation
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
In this role you will assist the Payroll team in providing an efficient and effective payroll service to staff. Your key responsibilities will include the checking of time and attendance information, data entry, and maintaining employee records. You will also provide advice to staff and managers regarding interpretation of Award conditions, tax legislation, and organisation policies.
Working within the iChris system, you will assist the Payroll team in processing and reconciling the fortnightly pay cycle, ensuring a high level of attention to detail and accuracy is maintained.
- Experience in payroll processing, operating procedures, taxation legislation, and award interpretation including knowledge of superannuation and workers' compensation
- Experience using computer-based payroll systems, ideally using the iChris system
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with staff at all levels of the organisation
- Thorough understanding of remuneration and reconciliation practices from a People & Culture, and Finance perspective
- Previous experience in Human Resources is desirable but not essential
Your commencing annual salary will range from $68,432 - $81,785 + superannuation, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Annual performance review and Award increases
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Sunday 9 May 2021 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact Leah Sutherland on (02) 9952 8042 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety