- Use your surveying experience in a beautiful location with a passionate local council
- Live and work in a well serviced township in the heart of the picturesque Lachlan Valley!
- Attractive remuneration package $86,304.40 - $136,292.00 plus super, vehicle, salary packaging, fortnightly RDO's & relocation assistance!
About the Organisation
Forbes Shire Council is a well-established, professional Council within the Central Western Region of NSW.
Forbes has flourished in recent years and its infrastructure has been developed to cater for an increasing number of tourists and residents. Situated 386km from Sydney, in the heart of the Lachlan Valley, the Forbes Shire is regarded as one of the richest primary producing areas in the state.
The Township of Forbes is a vibrant community that is undergoing large growth and development and as such, is regarded as a great place to live. With a close-knit community of 10,000 residents, Forbes offers a great lifestyle with quality, affordable real estate, both private and public school as well as a broad range of various sporting and community groups.
About the Opportunity
Forbes Shire Council now has a fantastic opportunity for a full-time Registered Surveyor on a 2 year fixed term contract. This position will work a 35 hour 9-day fortnight with an RDO allocated on an alternate Monday or Friday.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the planning of Council projects and providing critical advice for project developments through the construction phase for both land development and building / infrastructure.
This professional role will see you accurately mapping out positions of land boundaries as well as studies of the natural and urban environment. Registration of plans as well as final sign-off on projects through the application of laws and procedures relating to land ownership, boundaries and titles is crucial.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Undertake cadastral, control surveys and topographic surveys in the delivery of Council projects;
- Use a variety of modern surveying equipment, manual recording, computer-aided drafting programs and databases;
- Complete associated field work including: measure and record precise distances and angles on, above or below the land surface, including boundary points, topographical features and other designated markers;
- Research historical maps, land records, previous survey results;
- Communicate with architects, engineers and construction personnel as needed;
- Work alongside the project management team in the delivery of projects;
- Assist with tendering and contracting services; and
- Provide direction for the Survey and Design Technical Officer.
The successful candidate will process a relevant tertiary qualification in Surveying or Civil Engineering with a Professional Land Surveying Licence.
You will have demonstrated experience and knowledge of surveying techniques and mapping concepts. Experience wth computer drafting programs and a high level of proficiency with AutoCAD, Civil 3D and other surveying software and equipment is also required.
A high level of of resilience and tough mindedness will be key to your success, as well as the ability to make sound decisions using judgement and initiative.
A candidate with a Remote Pilot License (RePL) or working towards the completion of flying hours is desirable however not essential.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must hold a current Australian drivers license.
About the Benefits
As an expanding council, Forbes offers fantastic stability and career progression opportunities for employees wanting to grow their career within the organisation.
An attractive salary is on offer circa $86,304.40 - $136,292.00 based on experience plus super. Salary packaging options and remote area housing benefits will also be provided.
Fortnightly RDO's, mobile phone and a council provided vehicle for driving to sites and personal use will be available to the successful candidate, as well as access to modern surveying equipment. Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates moving from outside the area.
This is your chance to join a growing council in a fantastic location! Don't miss out ‐ APPLY NOW!
To submit an application, please fill out the questions below in place of a cover letter and attach your resume when prompted.