In this role you will provide high level, confidential and sensitive executive support to the Director and where required Executive Leadership Team and Managers of the Division. This opportunity will suit an Executive Assistant who is proficient, energetic and proactive.
What's on offer:
- We will be filling two Executive Assistant positions.
- An attractive base salary ranging from $1,232.59 per week with competency based increments up to $1,447.10 per week, plus 9.5% super
- 70 hour, 9 day fortnight
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance.
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Certificate IV in Business Administration or similar along with demonstrated knowledge of and experience as an executive/personal assistant OR Extensive practical experience as an executive/personal assistant at senior/executive management level.
- Ability to coordinate divisional web site content and maintenance.
- Ability to provide leadership, training and mentoring to the Executive Administration Team.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High level of proficiency in electronic minute taking.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 30 April 2021 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
We actively encourage applications from all candidates, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTI community, and people with disabilities.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
Please note: You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address selection criteria, click here.
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
1. Certificate IV in Business Administration or similar along with demonstrated knowledge of and experience as an executive/personal assistant,
Extensive practical experience as an executive/personal assistant at senior/executive management level.
2. Demonstrated excellence in time management and organisation/coordination skills.
3. Demonstrated competence in staff supervision and training of support staff.
4. Demonstrated high level competence in the operation of:
• Microsoft Office applications, including WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT;
• Electronic business paper and minute taking systems; and
• A variety of relevant specialised computer programs e.g. financial reconciliation, employee records etc
5. Demonstrated superior communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the confidence to engage with various professionals.
6. Demonstrated ability to work productively to ensure achievement of outcomes including building, maintaining and fostering effective internal and external client relationships, managing multiple requirements while maintaining professionalism and upholding Council’s values.
7. Demonstrated competent report and correspondence drafting skills.
8. Demonstrated information research and problem solving skills
9. Associate Diploma in Business Administration or similar
OFFICE USE ONLY