When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- Permanent full time - 70 hours per fortnight
- salary - $72,746 - $86,751 per annum, plus superannuation
- location - Maclean
- the opportunity to 'purchase' leave
About the role
Our Communications & Industry Engagement team is integral to informing community, engaging key stakeholders and building on Council’s reputation. To help us achieve our goals, we’re seeking a Branding & Marketing Officer with a solid background in leading marketing and promotional programs using a range of communication platforms.
In this role you will be managing the development and implementation of successful marketing activities, corporate communications, and projects to promote and advance the organisational objectives of Clarence Valley Council, its tourism department (My Clarence Valley) and our internal STRIVE brand.
You will lead a team of professionals responsible for advancing and maintaining the quality, consistency, and integrity of our brands (and reputation) across a range of media and communication products. You will need to foster organisation-wide awareness of and compliance with our corporate brand strategy.
If you enjoy working in a dynamic team environment, across multiple brands, we encourage you to apply.
Download the position description here.
To be considered for this position you will need to:
- Address the essential criteria
- Attach a cover letter (2 pages maximum) and an up-to-date resume (5 pages maximum) that clearly details your skills & experience as relevant to this position. You will need to demonstrate how you meet the focus capabilities and how your skills will enable you to achieve the key accountabilities.
- Target questions - answer the three target questions - maximum 300 words each question
- Tell us about a time when the branding strategy wasn’t working? How did you know and what did you do?
- Tell us about a marketing campaign you’ve managed that didn’t go well? How did you know and what did you learn?
- What are the essential elements of a communication plan to ensure consistency of messaging?
Louise Gumb, Industry & Engagement Officer on 6645 0205
Tuesday, 4 May 2021 at 11.30 pm (NSW time)
Other important information
This position is located at Council's Maclean office, however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
A probationary period applies to this position.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Do you want further information on how to apply under the Capability Framework? Please read our How to apply for a job guide.
Council is an EEO employer and First Nations people are encouraged to apply.