- Are you experienced in financial services?
- Fantastic opportunity to utilise your skills with a passionate regional council!
- Attractive base salary circa $84,233 to $98,295 negotiable on experience plus super, relocation assistance & remote area allowance!
About the Organisation
The Victoria Daly Regional Council was formed as part of the Local Government reforms in the Northern Territory. Council Service Centres are located in Kalkaringi, Yarralin, Timber Creek, Pine Creek and Nauiyu.
With a vision to become a recognised leader within Australia's Local Government, Council's aim is to work towards developing a broad range of strategies that will help shape its vision for the region through excellent service delivery and community engagement; assisting to build one of the most sustainable, vibrant and diverse regions in Australia. The Council strives to form partnerships that ensure strategic goals are met.
About the Opportunity
Victoria Daly Regional Council is now looking for a full-time Senior Finance Officer to join their team in Katherine, NT.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will assist in ensuring the effective delivery of financial services associated with accounts payable, accounts receivable, rates, purchasing and procurement, cash receipting, bank reconciliations and high level financial reporting as required.
More specifically, some of your duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Provide advice and guidance to financial services team members on financial matters;
- Liaise with the Grants Administrator to ensure effective administration of external funding agreements, and assist in the preparation of financial reports and grant acquittals as required;
- Review general ledger transactions, trial balance, income and expenditure statements and balance sheets, including assistance with end of month and end of financial year tasks;
- Assist in collection of data as required for the End of Year Financial Audit, and other Compliance Audits as required;
- Assist in the maintenance of chart accounts; and
- Reconcile Councillor Allowances and Councillor Travel Allowances on a monthly basis and provide that information to the Manager of Executive Services.
To be successful in this role you will hold a tertiary qualification in Finance or have extensive experience working in finance. Experience working in Government or within a council is desirable however not essential.
A candidate who has worked with grants and funds will be highly regarded, as will candidates with demonstrated experience working in organisations that have a variety of funding streams.
Highly organised with great attention to detail, the ability to work well within a team and great time management, you will be able to tackle a variety of financial tasks.
An excellent communicator, you will have well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to build effective working relationships across all levels of stakeholders.
Please Note: A current manual Driver's Licence, Working with Children clearance and a criminal history check will be required prior to commencing in this role.
About the Benefits
By taking on this pivotal role, you will be joining an organisation that truly values its employees, and actively encourages training and further study.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package circa $84,233 to $98,295 negotiable on experience, plus super and an additional remote area allowance.
Relocation costs up to $5,000 will be covered by council, to support you in moving to this beautiful part of the country!
Victoria Daly Regional Council offers a family friendly workplace, with fantastic working conditions and benefits, plus you will enjoy fantastic job security within the Council sector.
If you are experienced in financial services and looking to join a friendly and welcoming regional council - Apply Now!
Where the outback meets the rainforest, Katherine is the Crossroads of Australia’s North. A region full of misty waterfalls, untouched gorges and some of the best fishing in the world, the Northern Territory’s third largest town, on the banks of the Katherine River, lies just south of the world-renowned Katherine Gorge (Nitmiluk National Park).
Katherine is a thriving modern regional centre and services the areas of Pine Creek, Mataranka, Borooloola, Daly River and Timber Creek. The town itself provides ample opportunity for locals and tourists alike to experience sports, leisure and entertainment, with the population swelling during the dry season. Experience events like the Walking with Spirits Festival and the prestigious Katherine Show, or unwind and take a dip in the Katherine Hot Springs. With plenty of facilities, including a modern shopping complex and boutique stores, a hospital and schools, several sportsgrounds, as well as numerous parks and gardens and excellent fishing spots, there's plenty here to provide a comfortable living experience for all.