Infrastructure Design Engineer
The Council is seeking applications for the position of Infrastructure Design Engineer or Graduate Infrastructure Design Engineer depending on the quality of applications. This position provides the incumbent with an opportunity to design critical infrastructure, and identify opportunities that contribute to the growth and development of the Berrigan Shire.
Specifically, the Infrastructure Design Engineer is tasked with the survey, design and set out of roads, kerb and gutter, footpaths, stormwater, sewer and water infrastructure.
Key Accountabilities include:
Investigate, survey, design and prepare drawings for engineer works;
- Develop concept plans and strategic plans for proposed works and identified projects;
- Prepare half-cost schemes for footpaths and kerb and gutter in accordance with legislation and Council policy, and in consultation with all stakeholders;
- Manage the capital works design program including the preparation of design concepts, scope of works and estimates;
- Prepare and set out the sites for upcoming construction works;
- Project manage projects on behalf of Council.
A minimum of a diploma in Civil Engineering recognised by Engineers Australia;
- Class C Driver’s Licence
- An honours degree in Civil Engineering recognised by Engineers Australia.
- 2 Years’ experience on Road Design.
- Demonstrated experience in Council/Local Government engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer applications including Autocad, Autodesk, Civil 3D, Autodesk Advanced Road Design/Civil Site Design and handling total station and GPS for suverys.
This is a full-time position classified at Band 13 Entry Level under Council’s salary structure with a salary range based on qualifications and experience from $72,464.94 to $78,987.09 per annum plus statutory superannuation. Conditions are in accordance with Local Government (State) Award 2020.
All applications must be marked “Confidential” – Infrastructure Design Engineer - PO113 2021 and include a Cover letter, Resume & Completed Application form. A copy of the application form is available at www.berriganshire.nsw.gov.au or by phoning Sam Armer on (03) 5888 5100. If you wish to discuss this position further, please contact Matthew Clarke, Director Technical Services on (03) 5888 5100. Applications close 9:00am, Monday 26th April 2021, and should be addressed to:
General Manager, Berrigan Shire Council, 56 Chanter Street, BERRIGAN NSW 2712.
Berrigan Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer