Division: Office of CEO
Team: Office of CEO
Salary Range: $101,600 to $104,500 p.a. + 9.5% Super with Leaseback Option Available
Employment Status: Fixed Term, up to 12 months
Employment Arrangement: Full–Time 35 hours per week with access to flexi system which allows for a 4-day work week
Strathfield Council is seeking a component and effective Project Manager to join our team on a full-time, fixed term basis – up to 12 months.
About the Opportunity
The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality capital projects on time and within budget and to Council’s standards and specifications.
Your major role will be to ensure the effective and efficient coordination of the day-to-day aspects of allocated projects, monitoring progress and liaising with a multi-disciplinary team involved in a wider range of project tasks.
The role is responsible for:
- Project managing and supervising nominated infrastructure such as roads, footpaths, car parks, traffic management devices, laneways, urban streetscape, parks, soil remediation, hazardous materials and other projects as necessary;
- Collaborate and communicate with delegated internal representatives of Council and external stakeholders in planning, design, contracts and construction stages of the projects;
- Ensure all works are executed safely and meets the needs of Council’s customers;
- Monitor, report and maintain records on works progress, projects costs, relevant quantities and contract variations;
- Undertake such duties as directed by the Chief Executive as appropriate to the position and provide sound and timely advice on matters pertaining to the department.
For a list of key accountabilities, please see the attached position description below.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or Construction or equivalent and some relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with substantial experience in the field of specialist expertise;
- At least 5 years’ experience in the project management and delivery of civil infrastructure improvement projects;
- Skills in managing time, setting priorities and planning and organising own work in relation to the supervision of construction works;
- Ability to manage, supervise and provide clear direction and instruction to consultants and contractors;
- Knowledge of best practice contracting and tendering practices and Australian standards, codes or practices and relevant legislation;
- At least 5 years’ experience in the application of contracts and in the supervision of contracts including contract documentation and preparation, payment approvals, financial management and performance monitoring.
Salary and Conditions:
The salary range for this position is $101,600 to $104,500 p.a. + Super, dependent upon the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
This position also offers:
- The ability to achieve a flexible, work-life balance with access to Council’s Flexi-Time System;
- Engaging, dynamic work with dealing with a range of different stakeholders;
- Employment benefits such as access to generous leave entitlements, leaseback option and 9.5% superannuation.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below and attach any relevant documentation on the next page.
Applications will have to address the Selection Criteria with the Position Description.
2. Review and answer our designated questions before concluding your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Raymund Banister on 9748 9999.
Applications Close at 10pm, Tuesday 20th April 2021