Shellharbour City, located just 1 ½ hours south of Sydney, is home to almost 72,000 people in a city that spans 154 square kilometres. It's a place of great natural beauty - stretching west from the picturesque coastline to rolling pastures, against the majestic backdrop of the Illawarra escarpment.
- Provide leadership and supervision to the Payroll and Reporting team
- Provide strategic and complex operational Industrial Relations advice
- Live and work in a relaxed coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements and work/life balance
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a flexible, contemporary environment in a Local Government area currently experiencing rapid growth?
Shellharbour City Council is committed to building a high performing and sustainable organisation to deliver outcomes for the community through leadership, collaboration and innovation. We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, skilled and highly experienced Industrial Relations and HR professional to join us and be part of Council's Human Resources team.
This role is crucial to the delivery of our HR strategic plan and will manage a team of four direct reports in the areas of Payroll and Reporting while acting as a point of expertise and escalation for Industrial matters.
The Manager HR Operations will;
- Assist the Group Manager Human Resources to provide a range of contemporary HR and IR services to Council.
- Participate in Industrial Relations negotiations and provide expert specialist advice on a range of complex Industrial Relations matters.
- Develop high-quality business partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Interpret and provide expert advice on the Local Government (State) Award as well as other applicable legislation.
- Permanent full time position, 35 hours per week
- Flexible working arrangements may be considered for the right candidate
- Salary up to $2,174.30 per week, plus 9.5% superannuation
- A strong values led organisation undergoing progressive and exciting change
- A fun and fast paced environment where you will be supported in your development
- A great team and an opportunity to contribute to some exciting HR initiatives
For further information about the position, click here for the position description.
Contact: Kelly Stehr, Group Manager Human Resources on 0436 813 211.
Closing date: Sunday, 18 August 2021 at 11:30pm.
Apply now... Complete the application below by answering the questions, describing how your skills and experience are relevant to the position.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to this later. You may wish to prepare your responses in a word document and then COPY and PASTE into the fields below. Your Resume can be attached on the NEXT page.
For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria, please view our Guide To Applying.
Our core values of Collaboration, Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Sustainability represent who we are and what we expect of one another.
To work for us, you must be committed to role modelling our core values.
Shellharbour City Council is an equal opportunity employer.