Permanent Full Time - Monthly RDO – 12.5% Super
Salary Range: $70,255.04 - $77,218.45
Australia’s most southern municipal area, the Huon Valley Council, is looking for two motivated and diligent Technical Officers to join their Technical Services Unit. This role will provide technical and administrative support for engineering projects which may include developing project proposals, and assisting with feasibility investigation, obtaining funding as well as assisting in the management of projects.
In addition to providing technical and administrative support to the unit, you will also be contributing to the planning, concept and design of Infrastructure projects as well as contribute to the preparation and review of project documentation including project plans and reports. This position will participate in the tender process and develop and monitor the implementation of project plans, as well as assist with fieldwork such as surveying and the set out of engineering projects.
To be successful in this position you will require:
- A relevant qualification and / or have extensive relevant practical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technical plans as they relate to Infrastructure works.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, attention to detail and the ability to overcome obstacles through collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Current driver’s licence.
For further information on this position, including a position description, visit www.huonvalley.tas.gov.au/jobs or contact Sue McCarter, (03) 6264 0316.
To be considered for this role your application must include a CV, covering letter and separate document addressing the selection criteria indicating your ability to meet the role requirements. Your application can be submitted via the website above.
Applications close at 5pm Sunday 18th April 2021.