We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
For more information about DRC, please refer to our DRC Information Package - Manager Building Assets.ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.THE OPPORTUNITY
The Manager Building Assets is responsible for the effective management of Council’s current building assets, including operations, maintenance and renewals to ensure assets are maintained in accordance with agreed standards and budgets.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Coordinate multiple large scale infrastructure projects to ensure successful delivery on time and within budget.
- Manage a small team of staff as well as contractors and consultants.
- Oversee contract obligations, including project budgets and report as required.
- Bachelor Degree in either Building/Construction Management, Project Management, Architecture, Engineering or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience at a senior level in building asset management.
- High level organisational skills with demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects and adhering to deadlines.
- Highly developed leadership, planning and negotiation skills.
- Staff management experience and strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive, cooperative and productive relationships with staff, the Council, the community and key stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in Asset Management in a complex and diverse organisation.
Council is looking for an influential leader to join our Property Assets branch. You will have strong leadership qualities and be able to support your team. You will be a team player who continually shows positive leadership and drives engagement to build a team culture of high performance and effective stakeholder relationships.
To be successful in the role you will need Degree qualification with extensive experience in Project Management. You will also require demonstrated experience in the delivery of civil infrastructure projects, building projects and community infrastructure projects.
You will have demonstrated business acumen and analytical skills as well as the ability to provide high quality business and financial advice across a multiple disciplinary team. The successful candidate will also require highly developed communication, leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to effectively manage a variety of stakeholders as well as demonstrated experience leading a team to plan and deliver work against agreed objectives and contract management.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
Salary: Total Remuneration Package $106,505 to $144,095. A leaseback vehicle is available.
Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 1 March 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Director Organisational Performance, Dean Frost on 6801 4200
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume and copies of applicable qualifications.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.(Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)