We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
For more information about DRC, please refer to our DRC Recruitment Information Package.ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.THE OPPORTUNITY
The Safety and Risk Team Leader is responsible for driving a proactive strategic safety culture across the whole of Council. The position will provide strategic guidance to the Executive and Senior Leadership teams in the areas of safety and enterprise risk management. This position will lead the Safety and Risk team to build strong internal relationships to actively reinforce and promote work, health and safety and work in partnership with staff and the leadership teams.
The position will be responsible for ensuring Council has in place effective frameworks, systems, policies and procedures to comply with relevant legislation for the organisations management of safety and risk and the continuous development of a safety first culture.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Drive safety culture, leadership and engagement initiatives across the organisation.
- Work closely with the leadership team in the development of safe working practices and the continuous development of a safety first culture.
- Implement and deliver various safety programs, for building a positive and engaged safety culture, and creating a progressive, collaborative and healthy working environment.
- Manage and deliver safety and risk initiatives and corporate wide improvement programs, systems and projects.
- Provide professional senior level advice in the areas of safety and risk including the interpretation of relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Build positive and productive working relationships across the organisation.
- Degree qualifications in Work Health and Safety, Risk Management or relevant field or extensive WHS experience commensurate to the qualification.
- Demonstrated experience in developing or implementing strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated management and interpersonal skills in managing, leading and motivating staff and resolving operational problems at all levels across a diverse organisation.
- Previous experience providing advice on WHS Legislation, Regulations and related management systems and programs.
- Solid understanding in enterprise risk management principles.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing, developing and maintaining corporate wide Safety and Risk Management Systems.
- Demonstrated project management skills including a proven track record of continuous improvement and demonstrated examples of developing and implementing Safety and Risk initiatives.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate across all levels of an organisation
Council is looking for an influential leader to join our People Culture and Safety branch. You will have strong leadership qualities and be able to support your team. You will be a team player who continually shows positive leadership and drives engagement to build a team culture of high performance and effective stakeholder relationships.
You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who is looking to work in a diverse and professional environment.
Being an experienced Safety and/or Risk professional you will have strong relationship building skills and solid project management experience. You will be enthusiastic with strong communication skills and have the ability and desire to drive continuous improvement and change.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $98,061 - $113,963 per annum plus superannuation
Closing Date: 9:00am on Monday 15 March 2021
Enquiries: People, Culture & Safety Manager – 6801 4733HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume and copies of applicable qualifications.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.(Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)