About the Role
We are seeking applications for a passionate and experienced professional to join Council’s Environmental Outcomes Team. The successful applicant is required to work individually and as part of a team to service Council’s park and street litter bins across the Shire, collection of litter and illegally dumped items and to provide assistance to Council events.
Working at Wollondilly Shire Council means you will be provided with a flexible and inclusive working environment that provides a positive, productive and highly skilled workforce where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow.
You will help to achieve our vision to make Wollondilly an even better place, together. You will also live our corporate values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
Salary and Conditions
- Permanent Full-Time position
- Salary commencing from $58,458 per annum, commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 38 hours per week, with 9 day fortnight Rostered Day Off Scheme
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities.
Essential Experience and Minimum Qualifications
- A minimum of twelve (12) months demonstrated relevant work experience.
- Work Health and Safety General Induction for Construction Work in NSW (White Card).
- Valid NSW MR Licence or willingness to obtain prior to commencement.
- Certificates of competency for the operation of plant and machinery.
Personal Attributes, Communication and Team Work
- Demonstrated verbal communication skills and ability to prepare standard written communication.
- Demonstrated commitment to Council’s Corporate ICARE
Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
- Work collaboratively in a team.
- Ability to be customer and community focussed.
Level of Planning, Problem Solving and Budget
- Ability to plan and prioritise a day-to-day basis with demonstrated time management skills.
- Ability to analyse situations and select from procedural alternatives.
- To be conscious of budgetary constraints and suggest ways to save costs.
- Experience in the use of a Waste Garbage Compactor truck.
- Traffic Control Certificate (Blue Card).
- Apply Traffic Control Plans (Yellow Card).
- AQF3 Chemical Use and Handling or willingness to obtain.
Further Information: Peter Douglas, Parks Supervisor on 4677 9718.
Closing Date: 5.00pm Friday, 5 March 2021.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website: https://www.wollondilly.nsw.gov.au/council/employment-opportunities/ Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement. Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake a Police Background Check, Credential Check and Bankruptcy Check.
In accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020 all positions are engaged Monday to Sunday except as otherwise provided.
‘Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to Workplace Diversity’