- Exciting major development focus
- Flexible working conditions including a RDO every 3rd week
- Competitive salary range of $93,701 - $117,127 + super + leaseback vehicle
Centrally located only 12kms from the Sydney CBD, the City of Ryde is home to major commercial and residential centres, a diverse range of neighbourhoods and town centres, extensive national parks and waterways.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Town Planner within one of our Development Assessment teams.
In this role, your focus will be primarily on the assessment of large and complex developments in the Ryde local government area, including development in town centres such as mixed use developments and concept plans.
You will be a member of a dedicated and enthusiastic team of town planners and have experience in presenting applications to a local planning panel, a regional planning panel, as well as defending appeals in the NSW Land and Environment Court. You will also provide expert advice to both internal and external customers and stakeholders.
Due to the strong emphasis on large and complex developments, you will have a demonstrated ability to successfully project manage complicated applications within a timely and professional manner.
- Tertiary qualification in Town Planning or equivalent
- Extensive demonstrable experience as a Town Planner with ideally a minimum of 8 years experience
- Demonstrated practical experience in dealing with local and state government planning legislation, including Voluntary Planning Agreements and Section 7.11 contributions
- Excellent project management and organisational skills with ability to undertake a range of tasks and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Practical experience and exposure to Local, Regional Planning Panels and the Land and Environment Court
- Well developed written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Current NSW Class C Driver's Licence
Your commencing annual salary will range from $93,701 - $117,127 + superannuation, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture and Benefits
- Generous salary package plus a leaseback vehicle
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to sign up and become a fitness passport member
- Learning & Development opportunities (tickets/licences renewals & updates, training, opportunities to relieve in higher paid positions, etc)
- Various health & well-being initiatives (monthly fresh fruit delivery, skin checks, flu vaccinations, etc)
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing date: Sunday 7 March 2021 at 11:30 pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Sandra Bailey on (02) 9952 8209 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer