Permanent Full Time
Remuneration Package from $100,725 up to $122,235 per annum inclusive of 9.5% Superannuation
A 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance may also apply
(salary will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Recruitment No 21016
About the Position:
We are excited to offer a number of opportunities for Senior Transport and Traffic Planners or Engineers to join our multidisciplinary Traffic and Transport Unit. This unit is responsible for strategic and integrated traffic and transport planning, road user safety, infrastructure planning and delivery, participating on traffic and active transport committees, and providing specialist advice to internal and external customers. We have a strong customer focus and working collaboratively across agencies and in consultation with the Community to deliver our Community Strategic Plan.
In this role you will have a strong focus on multi-modal transport solutions including active transport through infrastructure delivery and behavioural change. You will contribute to the team by delivering a variety of projects, including strategies, plans and scopes for capital works projects in the areas of active transport, traffic management and road safety.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
Our ideal candidates for this role will:
- Be a degree-qualified Engineer or Planner with considerable experience in traffic and transport strategic planning and project management.
- Be a strategic thinker with proven capability for delivering outcomes.
- Have extensive knowledge and experience in interpreting and applying legislation, policies, procedures, and standards specific to transport planning.
- Have strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Be driven to provide high-quality service to customers and have the capability to mentor and support the development of junior staff.
- Have high-level research, analytical and problem-solving skills that inform decision making.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Benefits of working at Council:
- We have a culture based on values of Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, One Team and Courage
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We foster personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible work arrangements
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all
- We provide many mental, physical and social wellbeing programs to support our staff to be the best that they can be
How to Apply
Click 'Apply' to be redirected to Council's E-Recruitment page.
For further information regarding this position contact Isabelle Ghetti, Transport and Stormwater Services Manager (Acting) on (02) 4227 7551.
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close 12 midday Monday 1 March 2021.
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part time, temporary and or relief roles.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.