About the Role
We are seeking applications for passionate and experienced professionals to join Council in the position of Personal Assistant to Director Planning. Reporting directly to the Director Planning, the position will be responsible for providing the Director Planning and the Executive with Senior secretarial/administrative support as well as assisting the Mayor and General Manager’s Personal Assistant when required.
Working at Wollondilly Shire Council means you will be provided with a flexible and inclusive working environment that provides a positive, productive and highly skilled workforce where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow.
You will help to achieve our vision to make Wollondilly an even better place, together. You will also live our corporate values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
Salary and Conditions
- Permanent Part-Time, 14 hours per week (Thursday & Friday)
- Salary commencing from $42.66 per hour, commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant
- 9.5% Superannuation
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
Essential Experience and Minimum Qualifications
- Qualifications in Business Administration or equivalent; or demonstrated equivalent skills attained through work place training/experience
- Demonstrated experience in a senior executive assistant role with superior organisation skills and attention to detail, whilst requiring minimal direction or supervision
- Solid understanding of Local Government
- Experience in complex minute taking and liaising with a broad range of external stakeholders
- Experience and skills in web content management, writing/profiling and editing for the web.
- Ability to provide high level customer service to internal and external customers.
Level of Planning, Problem Solving and Budget
- Ability to evaluate a variety of issues in complicated situations, including issue/incident investigation and adaptive thinking.
- Shorthand skills and experience
- Proficient in the use of HP Content Manager (EDRMS)
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence.
Further Information: Toni Averay, Director Planning on 4677 9777.
Closing Date: 5.00pm Tuesday, 2 March 2021.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website: https://www.wollondilly.nsw.gov.au/council/employment-opportunities/ Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement. Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake a Police Background Check, Credential Check and Bankruptcy Check.
‘Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to Workplace Diversity’