- Take the next step in your town planning career
- Career & Lifestyle balance
- Salary commencing from $78,725 - $96,438 + super + leaseback vehicle
Centrally located only 12 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, the City of Ryde is home to major commercial and residential centres, a diverse range of neighbourhood and town centres, extensive national parks and waterways.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assessment Officer / Town Planner to join our progressive Development Assessment team in the North Ryde Office.
In this role, you will be responsible for a wide range of development applications (which may include subdivisions, commercial, dwellings, dual occupancy, child cares and multi dwelling housing) that will assist you in progressing towards more senior town planning roles in the future. If you are a dedicated planning professional looking to expand your experience and knowledge, then we would love to hear from you.
- Tertiary qualifications in town planning or equivalent which would qualify for membership with the Planning Institute of Australia
- Demonstrated experience in development assessment within NSW
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise work and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Current NSW Class C Driver Licence
Your commencing annual salary will range from $78,725 - $96,438 p.a. + superannuation, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture and Benefits
- Benefit of a leaseback vehicle
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to sign up and become a fitness passport member
- Learning & Development opportunities (tickets/licences renewals & updates, training, opportunities to relieve in higher paid positions, etc)
- Various health & well-being initiatives (monthly fresh fruit delivery, skin checks, flu vaccinations, etc)
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing date: Wednesday 24 February 2021 at 11:30 pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Kimberley Kavwenje, Senior Coordinator Assessment on (02) 9952 8103 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer