The purpose of the Governance Coordinator is to lead a team of administration staff that service the governance and meeting support functions of Council.
The role provides a specialised secretariat support service which delivers the legal, procedural and administrative functions necessary for Council to meet its democratic and deliberative responsibilities to its committees and members. Some of the many and varied tasks include facilitating meetings, providing secretariat and councillor support, assisting with the development of corporate governance policies and procedures, writing memos, reports and submissions, co-ordinating the donation Funds and providing advice and information to stakeholders.
- Appropriate qualification in business, law, governance or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience in local government
- Experience in the management of the meeting support function
- Ability to record meeting notes or minutes
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Local Government Act and Regulations
- Excellent organisational skills
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated policy development and implementation
- Demonstrated project management skills and knowledge
- Commitment to attend meetings held every second and fourth Tuesday of the month
- Ability to lead small team
- Ability to effectively liaise with all levels of Council staff and Councillors
- Working knowledge of political processes
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Computer literacy – MS Word, MS Excel, Powerpoint (intermediate level)
- Experience in the use of Objective and/or InfoCouncil systems
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 35 hours per week
- This position is a Grade 6, salary range is $82,242 p.a. with progression to $88,565 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $96,336 p.a.
- An ipad is provided
Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Mrs Sonja Drca, Manager Governance & Legal on 9725 0226. A position description is available on Council’s website.
CLOSING DATE: 4.30pm on Friday 5 March 2021
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Essential selection criteria outlined in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 - FAIRFIELD NSW 1860