Division: CITY SERVICES
Unit: CITY GREENING & LEISURE
Section: CITY LEISURE SERVICES
Salary: AUD 109,224.00 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced individual to proactively manage key contracts associated with the City's aquatic and leisure facilities. Within this role you will work with contractors and stakeholders to ensure desired contract performance outcomes and levels are achieved.
You will be experienced in the practical challenges and opportunities that come with contracts, including all operational matters, budget management, performance management, commercially sensitive negotiations and contract compliance.
You will possess:
- tertiary qualifications in leisure/ sports and recreation or aligned field along with related competencies and experience in managing aquatic or leisure contracts
- experience and highly developed skills in the area of contract procurement and performance management of aquatic and leisure facilities and services contracts
- a proven ability to communicate, negotiate and facilitate collaborative and effective working relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- ability to provide contract related issue resolution, both internally and externally
- ability to analyse and interpret data, prepare concise reports, presentations and recommendations for contract-based issues.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the "Essential Criteria Response" field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a national criminal check and pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11.59pm on Sunday 28 February 2021.
For further information contact: Collette Holland, City Leisure Services Manager on 02 9265 9278.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We encourage all applicants, including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQ and other culturally diverse communities to join Council.
The City will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via .au or 02 9265 9333 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email or phone).