Position Number: F2021/00054
Status: Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: $93,266.13 - 102,619.60 p.a. + 9.5% super + leaseback vehicle or $8,580 p.a. sustainability allowance + up to $14,691 market loading depending on skills and experience
- Day off per fortnight
- Vibrant projects in the evolving eastern suburbs
- Friendly team environment committed to professional development
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney. Our Development Assessment department are seeking a suitably experienced and qualified senior planner to join the Major Assessments team.
The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of negotiating, managing, and assessing a caseload of diverse applications including major developments, concept approvals and a wide range of commercial, industrial, open space, housing and subdivision applications.
In addition to rewarding work, we offer great employee benefits including competitive salaries, flexible working hours, day off per fortnight, additional leave entitlements, health and wellbeing days, professional development opportunities, option to novated lease a private vehicle, a beautiful eastern beaches location and much more.
If you are passionate about development assessment, have strong technical knowledge and skills and want to be part of our goal focused team, then we would love to hear from you! Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.
This recruitment may also be used to fill other vacancies that may be of a different status or lower level.
What we value
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring
- Tertiary qualifications, at degree level, in planning, architecture or urban design, or a related field;
- Extensive experience in development assessment services or a related discipline;
- Demonstrated understanding of heritage conservation and urban design;
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships;
- Sound knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and other relevant environmental and planning legislation;
- Demonstrated high quality report writing skills;
- A current Class C driver’s licence.
Visit www.randwick.nsw.gov.au to view the position description or contact Andrea Halcro, Personal Assistant to the Manager Development Assessment, on 02 9093 6684.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.
Closing Date: Wednesday 27 January 2021