- Full time fixed term role until 30 June 2021
- Contribute to protecting the natural environment and build your skills
- Flexible working conditions with a mix of indoor and outdoor duties
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
In this role you will be required to actively investigate problematic weeds in designated high risk areas across the city. You will implement and manage the weed monitoring program, engage with key stakeholders, and have knowledge and understanding of the Biosecurity Act 2015 and its regulatory application. You will need to have demonstrated experience in weed inspections, plant and weed identification and be able to provide recommendations for best practice control methods to private landholders and targeted pathways corridors.
- Minimum Certificate III in Bush Regeneration, Conservation and Land Management or a related discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- Chemical Safety and Application (Level 3)
- Class C (Standard) Drivers Licence
- Understanding of the Greater Sydney Regional Strategic Weed Management Plan
Your salary will be in the range $58,422.24 to $75,948.91 p.a.+ superannuation and subject to your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Participation in Council's Rostered Day Off scheme
- Various health & well-being initiatives (fruit delivery, skin checks, flu vaccinations, health assessments, etc)
- Annual Award increases
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Monday 1 February 2021 @ 11:30pm
If further information is required, please contact our Natural Areas Coordinator on (02) 9952 8257 for a confidential discussion or see the Position Description.
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer