Wanted – Experienced Asset Management Engineer required for a temporary assignment at a Southern Regional NSW Council
Our client is seeking candidates with extensive experience in developing and operating asset management systems particularly having emphasis on risk and condition assessment.
Term: 3+ months
The role will focus on management of the Council’s transport assets including valuation of dedicated assets, update of GIS & asset registers and capitalisation of the council’s capital works, pavement & stormwater design areas.
Two (2) staff report to this position.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification in a related field
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operating Asset Management Systems with the development of asset management plans including risk and condition assessment
- Experience in preparing capital works programs using modern tools in accordance with current asset management manuals developing schedules involving asset renewals, rehabilitation and maintenance works for Council assets in urban and rural areas
- Knowledge of pavement design and various treatments to control surface defects along with knowledge of contemporary stormwater management and practices
- Experience in asset valuation and capitalisation
- Knowledge and understanding of role and responsibilities under the WHS Act 2011
- Current Class C Motor Vehicle Licence
- Local Government experience
- Project Management experience
- Report writing skills
- Experience with National Heavy Vehicle Register portal
- Working knowledge of AusSpec and Austroads guidelines
- Knowledge of GIS, surveying, drafting and development of engineering plans
- At least 5 years’ experience assessing development applications
Attractive hourly rates are available. Accommodation and travel reimbursement are available for Engineers interested in working for regional Councils.
Please email your Resume to: email@example.com; or call (02) 9264 6008 for more information.