About the Opportunity
Cabonne Council has an excellent opportunity for Senior Water & Wastewater Operator to join its dynamic Urban Infrastructure section in Molong.
This position will be responsible for leading the daily operational works of Council’s water and waste water infrastructure including water and wastewater treatment plants, storages and reticulation systems in accordance with quality standards, legislation, procedures and documentation.
- Lead staff in the completion of Council’s water and wastewater programs, construction and maintenance according to specifications, budget and Council WHS, risk, environmental, quality and other requirements.
- Facilitate on the job instruction and training to operators where necessary.
- Prepare for works including arranging materials and resources.
- Read water meters.
- Undertake routine water/effluent sampling and testing, accurately recording and reporting on the data.
- Supervise dam operations and surveillance.
- Supervise reporting and returns.
- Undertake work outside of normal hours and overtime as required to progress or complete assigned tasks including emergency repair works in accordance with the on call roster.
- Complete and manage all records including staff timesheets, diary maintenance and legislative related paperwork.
- Conduct worksite (site specific and plant) Inductions and toolbox meetings for staff members and relevant contractors.
- Ensure customer service requests are followed through and the actions and outcomes are adequately documented with electronic notes within Council’s records system
So what do you need to be successful?
- Certificate III in Water Operations or equivalent experience.
- Class C driver’s licence.
- Construction Induction Certification (White Card).
- Current Chemical Risk Management Accreditation.
- Current confined spaces certification.
- Previous supervisory experience with proven ability to resolve interpersonal conflict.
- Demonstrated experience in the repair and maintenance of water and wastewater pumps, equipment and infrastructure.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities and organise own work and that of subordinate employees.
- Effective communications skills and ability to give and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrated commitment to a team-based approach, reliability and punctuality, with an proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Displays a positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
Other details relating to this position are:
- Salary is $1164.30 to $1253.80 per week (Grade 7)
- Applications close for this position on Sunday 31 January 2021 at 8pm
- Employment is under the Local Government (State) Award 2020
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job
- Cabonne Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please take a few moments to read the requirements and duties carefully and assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be asked to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cant submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not required, Council will only accept applications submitted online. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Ray Graham on 0411 635 520. Cabonne Council operates a merit based recruitment process
As part of our recruitment process, Cabonne Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file, and accessed by Council's records staff and members of the recruitment selection panel. Applicants may request their information be returned to them at the conclusion of the recruitment process
Pre Employment Screening
In the event that you are shortlisted for an interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you must be prepared to undergo the following pre-employment screening processes as part of the selection process.
- A pre employment physical examination (at Council's expense) including a hearing test and may include a drug and alcohol test
- Provide the applicable working with children check number, if applicable to the position
- Undertake any other applicable screening that may be relevant to the role
- Council may also check the authenticity of certificates and qualifications