An exciting opportunity exists to work with an award winning team at QPRC delivering spatial information to support the strategic land-use planning and land information functions of the organisation.
The things you will do:
- Assist with the development and management of Council’s spatial data, including the collection, analysis and display of spatial data and production of high quality maps as required.
- Undertake specialised land-use planning projects and activities, including delivery of electronic planning certificates and Plans of Management.
- Prepare spatial data and maps for local environmental plans, development control plans, strategic planning documents, community consultation, Council’s website and for staff use.
- Provide GIS assistance to other Council areas and emergency service organisations as required.
- Provide support to land information activities including processing titles, auditing name and address details, processing subdivisions, consolidations, redefinitions and creation of house numbers.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Relevant qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in the management, mapping and analysis of spatial data.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS concepts and experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS platform (ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro).
- Ability to manage your time and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use the Microsoft suite of programs, electronic records management and other corporate software systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships, be teamwork oriented and able to provide a high level of customer service and advice.
- Ability to constructively contribute to organisational and team outcomes.
- Possess and maintain a current class ‘C’ Drivers licence
This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your attention to detail and technical skills in an experienced and supportive team.
Brad Moore on (02) 6238 8182 or Lorena Blacklock on (02) 6285 6524
How to Apply
Your application must include:
- Resume including contact details of at least two referees. Referees can be from paid, voluntary or work experience; the referee should be able to comment on your work related attributes
- Cover Letter
- Statement of your claims for the role against the Functional Capabilities. Applicants that do not address the functional capabilities may not be considered for the position
- Drivers License or a form of ID
- Copies of supporting documentation
Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from: Aboriginal people; those with disabilities; and, multicultural backgrounds. Council employees enjoy free parking, a dynamic, safe and healthy workplace, smoke, alcohol and drug free working environment. Council has a Sustainability Policy and is committed toward achieving sustainability outcomes (environmental, social, financial and governance) in all our operations and activities.