- Exciting career opportunities and excellent working conditions
- Enjoy a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Attractive salary and leaseback vehicle option
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing beautiful natural landscapes, parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney
About the Role
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced professional in Development Assessment to lead and manage one of the Development Assessment teams.
The focus of your role will be to direct the day to day management of the team in resolving assessment related issues and undertaking assessment of complex development applications consistent with the objective of the Council's Delivery Program and all relevant planning instruments, codes and policies. You will be responsible for providing professional advice to developers and the community in relation to development applications, building proposals, solution design, pre-lodgement and post determination.
You will also be responsible for liaising with internal and external stakeholders with regards to the Development Assessment process and/or resolving issues in order to achieve the best outcomes for Council. The role will involve presenting development applications to the Sydney North Planning Panel as well as the Ryde Local Planning Panel.
This is an exciting opportunity that will draw on your development assessment expertise and ability to lead and manage a progressive team.
- Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning, or equivalent
- Extensive local government experience and understanding of Development Applications, Subdivision Certificates and Construction Certificates
- Experience in the management of staff and the planning and coordination of work to meet timelines
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills with excellent understanding of local and state government planning legislation
- Well-developed written communication skills with experience in preparing reports for senior management
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Class C Driver's Licence
Your commencing salary will be in the range of $102,698 - $133,507 p.a + Superannuation (subject to your experience and qualifications).
Culture & Benefits
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to signup and become a fitness passport member
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities
- Various health & well-being initiatives (monthly fresh fruit delivery, skin checks, flu vaccinations, etc)
- Option of a leaseback vehicle
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without logging-out of the system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria..
Closing date: Tuesday 26 January 2021 at 11:30 pm
If further information is required, please see the Position Description or call Sandra Bailey, Manager Development Assessment on (02) 9952 8209 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer